Tuesday, February 16, 2010

--To Splurge Or Not To Splurge--

Well, looks like my whole budget has taken a different turn. Now that we're shopping around for a place, and with the way the housing market is heading, I need to save, and save a lot for a downpayment. This changes everything. I still want to give the Perfect Ring, but at the same time, I want to buy a place for us that is nice and that can't be compromised simply because I need to budget for the ring. Decisions, decisions... I need some way to make more money ><

Pros & Cons:
-real estate generally goes up in value over time.... diamonds do not
-the Perfect Ring might have a wow factor, but so does a nice place (or lack thereof)
-one cannot live without a place, but you can live without a ring
-a diamond is forever... but a house is where you live and rest in, every single day...
-skip the hardwood floor, big screen TV and granite countertop to go from a 50 points, I colour, SI1 to a 1.3 ct, F colour, VS1....? Argh...
-earnings from selling a house that has increased in value can easily buy a decent ring

1 comment:

  1. Hi, ur personal blog is really nice, while reading I truly like it. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website which is offering very unique features at affordable prices there are expert advertising team who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks which will definitely boost ur traffic & readers. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared this blog to my friends.. i think my friend might too like it hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.

    ReplyDelete