Monday, February 8, 2010

--The Story (Part 2)--

This Quest for the Perfect Ring has been long and tiring. Not only because it is pretty hard to find a really, really nice ring for a really, really good price, but also because of the timing.

I have been meaning to buy a ring, propose and get engaged almost 2 yrs ago. When I first decided that, I took things easy and just casually educated myself on the 4C's, much like how I'm educating some of you who follow this blog. I also had to save enough money so I wouldn't be broke, or restricted on the budget.

With every year that pass, me and my girlfriend have been together for another year. Most of her friends are now engaged or married, yet, she, the one who's been dating since high school, who's always been the ideal couple, is, unfortunately, still unengaged. I totally understand how she feels since most of our common friends thought we would be the first ones to get engaged and married. However, I tend to see it in a different way. Up to a certain extent, there is no deadline to be engaged. Not after 2 yrs of dating, not after 5, not after 10. A proposal should happen when things feel right, and not dictated by people around you, including family. I always thought as long as you give your significant other security, make them feel that you're serious, and your relationship is stable, and it's just a matter of time before you get engaged and married, that everything would be ok. Well I guess I am partially wrong. Maybe as a female, there is some sort of social pressure, much like how girls compare their engagement rings...

I'm learning to compromise and trying to speed up my schedule, but I still don't want to ruin it just because of what others impose.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment